1. When you place an order and make payment, you enter into a legally binding agreement with The Bark Side to purchase your chosen item(s). However, without prejudice to the legal rights and obligations of either party you may cancel or amend your order at any time up until the point we notify you that it has been dispatched.
2. Should we accept your order but find that we have insufficient stock to fulfill it or any part of it, we will contact you by email and give you the option to accept a replacement item, or to receive a refund. If a part of your order is out of stock you will have the option to cancel the entire order at any time prior to dispatch.
Making a purchase (in person)
3. If you make a purchase from The Bark Side in person, either at a pop up shop or other event, the transaction is complete upon payment being made and you taking possession of the item(s). In the event that your item becomes damaged or you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please email [email protected] and set out the issue. If you paid by cash and it is necessary to issue you with a refund, then we will make a bank transfer or send you a cheque (at your option). In any other circumstance, please see the “Returns” section below.
4. In the event of any issue with your purchase in the first instance please email [email protected] specifying the nature of the issue. If any item is to be returned to us, we will provide you with an address to which you must send the package. Failure to send to the package to the specified address may result in us being able to process your return, or you may be asked to reimburse our reasonable costs.
5. If we send you the wrong item(s) please notify us as soon as you spot the error. Unless you wish to modify your order and pay the difference (if applicable) between the value of the order placed and the order received then we will require you to return the item(s) to us (brand new, unused and in original packaging or with labels attached, whichever applies) but we will reimburse you for your postage costs in doing so.
6. In the event that you order an incorrect item (or size or colour) and you do not realise your error until your order arrives, or you realise the error after dispatch, you must contact us immediately so that return arrangements can be made. If you wish to exchange the item, we will dispatch the replacement(s) upon receipt of the original item(s).
7. Should you purchase one of our “guaranteed” products which, for the avoidance of doubt, are the West Paw Jive, West Paw Qwizl, Beco Bone, Beco Ball on a Rope, and all Lupine collars and leads, and your dog damages or destroys the item you are entitled to a one-time replacement or refund (at your option). In such circumstance, please email us a photograph of the damaged toy to [email protected] and specify your choice of refund or replacement. If you choose a replacement we will not charge you for the postage of the replacement item to you. Once we have confirmed that your purchase has either been refunded or a replacement dispatched, you may dispose of the damaged item and there will be no requirement to return it to us.
Discount codes and special offers
8. We may from time to time issue discount codes for use against future orders, or make special offers. All discount codes and special offers may be withdrawn or amended without notice at the sole discretion of The Bark Side.
9. Save for those codes we choose to publish publicly via our website and/or social media channels, discount codes are valid only for the use of the individual to whom they are issued. If you use a discount code to which you are not entitled, we will have the right to cancel your order and may instead choose to refund the price paid by you. If this happens, we will email you to let you know.
10. Only one discount code may be used against an order, and discount codes and other offers may not be combined save where we expressly permit you to do so. Discount codes may not be combined with special offers except as expressly stated by us.
11. If you use a discount code or a special offer price and subsequently request a refund for any reason, you will be refunded the amount actually paid and not the amount before any discount.
12. Those of our products that come with a guarantee are expressly stated as such. In no circumstances will the guarantee be extended to any other products. This exclusion does not affect your statutory rights.
13. If you choose to for your email address to be added to our mailing list, we may from time to time send you news or special offers we think you may be interested in. You may opt out from receipt of further emails at any point by emailing [email protected] and we will immediately remove your details.
14. We will never, except as required by law or pursuant to the order of a court of competent jurisdiction, pass on your details to any other organisation. When you make payment via our payment portal your details will be shared with our payment processor but will only be used for the purpose of processing your payment (and any refund, if appropriate).
15. Any dispute arising between the parties to this agreement shall be governed by English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.